How to Bathe a Cat
Dear Cat Owner,
Following are instructions on the best way to bathe your cat:
- Thoroughly clean the toilet.
- Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and
have both lids lifted.
- Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the
- In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close
both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot
escape). CAUTION: Don't get any part of your body too close to
the edge, as his paws will be reaching out to grab anything they
can find. The cat will self-agitate and make ample suds. Never
mind the noises that come from your toilet, the cat is actually
- Flush the toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides a "powerwash and
rinse" which I have found to be quite effective.
- Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that
there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.
- Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift
- The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and run
outside where he will dry himself.